Friday, March 28, 2014

One year from today

One year from today I will be in San Diego and will start walking north.

I imagine that day over and over.  I imagine talking with the bitcoiners in many cities and town.  I imagine talking with store owners and vendors to convince them that bitcoin is a good payment option.

I also imagine long hours and days walking alone.  I imagine the beautiful California vistas and the hills I will need to crest.

I imagine being away from my family, long phone or skype session, and hoping they are charting my progress and proud of me.  Or at least tolerant.

I'll be posting more about my motivations and reasons.  I'm still wrapping my head around some of them.  Some of them I have already written about here.  The bitcoin part is easy, or at least it is on the surface.

 The walking part, well, isn't.  My reasons are as clear in my head and emotions as a summer sunset, but articulating them isn't as easy.

Part of it is adventure.  Part is pilgrimage.  Part of it is connecting with myself and environment, urban and rural.  Part is meeting people of good will, and navigating those who aren't.  Part is time to myself and part is meeting new people.  Part is mourning the past and part is celebrating the future.

It is all of that and more.

365 days and counting.





No comments:

Post a Comment