Friday, March 7, 2014

Day 5 plan

Day 5 will be happy and bittersweet for me.  I will be walking through Laguna Beach, the site of many happy times when I was stationed at MCAS El Toro waaaaaay back when I was stationed there.  If all goes according to plan I may be able to stop there, but not for long as I will still have many miles to cover.

The '15 mile a day' rule may not be possible here.

At around the 11 mile mark there is camping at Crystal Cove State Park.  The fifteen mile mark stops a few miles shy of Costa Mesa and Newport Beach, and there doesn't seem to be good camping near there.

Costa Mesa hits at around the 18 mile mark, and I'm thinking it may be a good idea to get a hotel room there if possible.  After two nights camping and three days walking I will probably be more than grateful for a shower and bed.

The route pictured clocks in at just under 20 miles for the day.  I'm going with that estimate.  Here I sit my my chair comfortable while I am making plans for the road, but I anticipate that I would rather cover the extra ground and end in comfort than end the day early.


No comments:

Post a Comment