Saturday, March 29, 2014

More progress

Good things happening in the bitcoin world, and it makes the walk easier.

Thank to gyft.com, certain hotel and motel stays can be purchased with bitcoin.  This is a good thing and solves about 1/3 of the lodging problem.

As I have noted before, I am not at all adverse to camping on the side of roads if I need to.  That is fine for the long expanses, but there are problems:

Doing in so in Cities is probably frowned upon.  Vagrancy laws apply here, and that isn't even mentioned the basic safety issues.

I am sure that the law enforcement agencies that cover the highways would not appreciate a tent on the side of the road.  That won't necessarily stop me in rural areas, but it is certainly something to consider.

Campgrounds and hostels have several advantages, most importantly meeting and talking with more people. Not to mention that they are cheaper than hotels.  I would prefer these options whenever possible.

The 'possible' part comes into play here.

Between my own funds and donated funds, I want to be as frugal as possible.  I have contacted a bitcoin-related charity that I believe strongly in, and while I can't give specifics, any bitcoin I have left after the walk will go to that charity.  The more I raise, the less I spend, the more I have left, the more goes to a worthy cause.

Hopefully I will have more details on this soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment